Finding Joy in the Depths of Winter
I know it doesn’t feel like it, but winter is coming. Are you are afraid that, once again, the winter will come and steal away all of the progress, the growth, and the joy that you’ve created during the summer? Are you sick of this endless cycle? I know I was. For many years, I slowly slipped into despair as the days grew shorter and the weather colder. I would start rebuilding my life again every spring, but I never made any progress – I felt like a modern day Sisyphus, pushing a boulder up hill every spring, only to have it tumble back down again come winter. The cycle felt endless, but I refused to give up trying to break free, and I eventually did learn to lessen it, even if it has not disappeared entirely. I want to offer that same hope to you, because I know that you can learn to live well, even happily, with this cycle.
During the winter do you:
- Crave carbs?
- Long to hibernate until spring?
- Lack motivation?
- Find it difficult to think clearly?
- Withdraw from your social life?
- Lose interest in things you previously enjoyed?
Whether you suffer from full-blown SAD, have regular depression that is aggravated by the seasonal shift, or just find yourself out of sorts during the dark half of the year, I can help. With support and a framework to guide you through, I believe that you can reach the spring from a place of growth and renewal, rather than the emotional devastation that usually comes with the winter.
Playing in the Light: Finding Joy in the Depths of Winter begins on September 24 and will wrap up on March 25. The deadline for registration is September 20.
I have developed a list of 6 archetypes, or characters, who we will learn from in the coming months.
- The Gardener teaches about growth and preparedness, and warns about looking for easy fixes.
- The Philosopher teaches us to examine our thinking, rather than believing the voice that predicts doom.
- The Mother teaches us to nurture ourselves without stifling our need to stretch our boundaries.
- The Priestess teaches us about the sacred nature of stillness and observation without withdrawing from the world.
- The Lover teaches us to embrace and pursue our passions without using them as distractions.
- And the Creator shows us how we can move into the spring and create our lives anew.
Each month we will focus on a single archetype, exploring the themes and lessons which they have to offer.
How Playing in the Light Works:
Email Support: Each week, you will receive a brief email with information, suggestions, and journal prompts to help you to better cope with the winter. I invite you to reach out to me to share your thoughts and experiences as you implement these ideas in your own life. By the time the sun returns, you will have built a solid foundation for the spring, rather than slipping all the way into despair.
Personal Support: You can choose to have personal coaching sessions with me either once or twice a month, with additional sessions available at a reduced rate. This is time for you to get individual support via telephone for whatever is coming up for you. We can talk about where you are having trouble implementing the lessons into your life, or about any other issues you may be facing as you move through the seasonal shifts. By teaching you new tools and offering you a different perspective, I can offer a sense of lightness and freedom that is frequently missing during the dark half of the year. This is your time to get whatever you need!
The registration deadline for Playing in the Light has passed! If you want to join late, contact me for details.